Executive, or Thought Leadership, is an important position for many organisations. Almost all industries have their thought leaders, and these are the people, often the CEOs of companies, who gain the lion’s share of media coverage.
Leadership however needs to be earned, and to become a true thought leader in your industry requires time and commitment.
Here are a few places where thought leaders gain their reputations:
- Speaking opportunities at industry events
- Being quoted in industry articles, especially those relating to hot issues
- As the author of industry White Papers
- As the author of a corporate blog
- Being seen on other blogger’s blog-rolls
- Through podcasts on your corporate web site
- Through exposure at partner events
- Through meaningful engagement with employees
Not all executives need all of the above involvement - it changes industry to industry. The simple fact however, is that if your spokesperson wants to be, or should be regarded as a thought leader, then Business & Technology PR can help make it happen.